Hello munkies! It's Friday morning & I'm pretty damn sore (my lats & biceps are screeeaming - ouchies, hehee). So what better than a stack of pancakes with some of my favourite fruits to make it all better?! I've never tried making pancakes with mango before - it's actually been a while since I've had fresh mango come to think of it. Anyway, moving on.. they were delicious! Of coooourse they were delicious!!! It's mango for crying out loud! Ha! So, here it is:
(By the way this serving is for 2 munkies - for a 1 munkey sized serving just half the recipe)
For the pancakes
4 medium eggs
1/2 a medium mango
2 tbsp glutinous rice flour (you could definitely substitute this for coconut flour if you don't have any or don't want to use it)
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 scoops of vanilla whey (60g total)
1 tsp baking powder
Ghee, coconut oil or any other oil for frying
For some fruity decoration
2 large strawberries or 3 medium sized.
1 medium sized banana
1/2 a medium mango
1. Peel & chop up HALF of the mango in to small chunks.
2. Crack the eggs in to the food processor & blend until slightly frothy.
3. Add the mango & blend until fairly smooth - small lumps are fine.
4. Add the glutinous rice flour, coconut flour, vanilla whey & baking powder to the eggs & blend.
5. Heat the pan to a VERY low heat & add just under a level teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil or desired oil.
6. When the ghee has melted move it around the pan to distribute the liquid evenly, allow the pan to get a little hotter before adding the pancake mixture.
7. Pour desired amount of pancake mixture in to the pan, I poured roughly 4 tbsp of pancake mixture.
8. Leave to cook until bubbles form on the surface, then carefully flip the pancake (it shouldn't fall apart).
9. Leave to cook for a further 20-30 seconds then transfer to a plate to cool.
10. Rinse & repeat steps 5-10.
(Optional) I did this:
Pancake, bananas, pancake, strawberries, pancake, mango. Yummy.
Enjoy munkies! :)