I don't know about you, but I think nuts in chocolate ROCKS MUNKEY SOCKS (yes we wear socks sometimes..)! It's usually more expensive though - boooo - so I enjoy making my own. The only downside to that is it can cause a lot of mess with the bain-marie & all it's melting messinessss. And sometimes I'm just not in the mood for mess. BUT with this idea the only thing that gets messy is the baking tray or baking paper & spoon! It's super simple & pretty great..
100g almonds (or any other nut..)
100g 70+% dark chocolate (ooor any other chocolate you'd like..)
Things to bear in mind before beginning:
It would be preferable to use a small silicone baking tray, the one I used is 6x6 inches. If you don't have something like that then no worries(!), you could use a small baking tray & cover it with baking/parchment paper. This prevents the chocolate from sticking once it's cooled.
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 (425 degrees F / 220 degrees C).
2. Line the baking tray with baking/parchment paper if you don't have a silicone one.
3. Put the almonds on the baking tray & in to the oven for 4-5 minutes or until fragrant.
4. When the almonds are roasted turn off your oven & open the oven door.
5. Break up the chocolate & take out the roasted almonds.
6. Place the chocolate on top of the almonds & put the tray & it's contents back in to the turned off oven.
7. Leave it for about 2 minutes or until all the chocolate has melted.
8. Take the chocolate almonds out of the oven & use a spoon to mix everything around & make sure the almonds are all covered.
9. Sprinkle some cinnamon, sea salt, desiccated coconut or even chili flakes on to your nutty chocolate if you like - I sprinkled some cinnamon on mine.
10. Transfer the nuts to the freezer & leave them there until they have completely cooled, this will take at least 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy munkeys! :)