For the pancake batter:
1 medium sized banana
1/2 medium sized sweet potato
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 scoop vanilla whey (30g)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
Coconut oil or ghee for frying
For the protein chocolate sauce click here
Things to bear in mind before beginning to make these pancakes:
The pan I used was a small frying pan which made 3 pancakes in total. I also used a food processor to blend the pancake mixture together. So if you have a food processor, I'd definitely recommend you use it. I have whisked it all in a cup with a fork before though - it's just more work & ends up needing a liiiiittle liquid (water or milk/milk alternative) to get it to the right consistency.
1. Peel your sweet potato, chop it up in to chunks & steam it until very tender & easy to mash. Or you could roast your sweet potato in its skin & scoop out the flesh after, but this will take much longer.
2. When the sweet potato is steamed, allow it to cool.
3. Crack the eggs in to the food processor & blend until combined & a little frothy.
4. Add the 2 tablespoons of coconut flour & blend until combined & smooth.
5. Mash HALF of the banana & HALF of the sweet potato together (the other half of the banana will be chopped up & added later.. & I just ate the other half of the sweet potato with some cinnamon sprinkled on top, but you can do with it whatever you like!)
6. Add the mashed up banana & sweet potato & blend until roughly combined (small lumps are fine & actually give a nice texture).
7. Add the vanilla whey protein powder & the baking powder & blend.
8. Heat the pan to a VERY low heat & add just under a level teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil or desired oil.
9. When the ghee has melted move it around the pan to distribute the liquid evenly, allow the pan to get a little hotter before adding the pancake mixture.
10. Pour desired amount of pancake mixture in to the pan, I poured roughly 4 tbsp of pancake mixture.
11. Leave to cook until bubbles form on the surface, then carefully flip the pancake (it shouldn't fall apart).
12. Leave to cook for a further 20-30 seconds then transfer to a plate to cool.
13. Rinse & repeat steps 8-12 until you have used all of the pancake mixture.
Enjoy munkeys! :)