Hello munkies! Here's another super simple and nutritious snack, and my favourite way to prepare broccoli. I'm definitely an advocate of steamed broccoli - but roasting it now again is just that little bit more special.. and it's delicious! I love the crunch you get from the pumpkin seeds - not to mention that roasted pumpkin seeds are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Little roasted tasty, crunchy, seed goodness. Trust me, if you can spare the time & a little effort, you won't want broccoli any other way once you've tried it roasted.. sorry steamer!
1 head of broccoli
1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds (optional but yummy)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil or ghee for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
2. Chop the broccoli in to florets.
3. Place in a bowl & lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Use a spoon to mix the broccoli around in order to evenly distribute the olive oil.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste, as well as fennel seeds (optional) & the pumpkin seeds.
6. Mix the contents in the bowl again.
7. Line a baking tray with some baking paper.
8. Spoon the contents of the bowl on to the baking tray & spread out evenly.
9. Allow to roast between 25-30 minutes.
10. Remove the baking tray from the oven & set aside to cool.
Enjoy munkies! :)