These chocolate, nut, fruit & seed balls are seriously nommy! They're refined sugar free, wheat free, dairy free AND full of natural goodness. They are so damn more-ish.. & you would swear that they are 'naughty' & not 'clean' at all - ha! You cooould make them in to bars if you'd like, but I think they work better as balls personally. So, here you go:
2 tbsp Cocoa powder
2 tbsp Coconut flour
1/4 cup Chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup Chopped dried apples
1/4 cup Sultanas
1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup Almonds
1/3 cup Coconut flakes
2 tsp Honey (to make these vegan you could add agave nectar instead if you like)
1 tbsp Coconut oil or Ghee
1. Put the prunes & dates in a bowl & pour boiling water over them until covered, leave to soak for at least 10 minutes (the longer you leave it, the easier they'll be to mash).
2. Take the prunes & dates out of the water & transfer them to a separate bowl (don't throw away the soaking water!).
3.Add 2 tablespoons of the water that the prunes & dates were soaked in to the bowl.
4. Use a fork to mash the prunes, dates & water together until a paste-like consistency develops.
5. Add the coconut oil/ghee & honey to the paste & continue to mash.
6. Add the coconut flour & cocoa - mash together until combined.
7. In a separate bowl mix the nuts, seeds & dried fruit together.
8. Add the nuts, seeds & dried fruit to the chocolate mixture & mix with a spoon or combine with your hands.
9. Lay a baking tray with baking paper or cling film.
10. Take a heaped teaspoon of the mixture & mould it between your palms until you have a ball - having slightly wet hands will make it easier.
11. Repeat until all of the mixture is gone!
12. Transfer the chocolate balls to the freezer & leave for 20 minutes or more..
Enjoy munkies! :)