Wednesday 24 April 2013

Chocolate nut protein overnight oats

Overnight proteeein oaaaats. A perfect portable & easy peasy post workout food! Recently I've been addicted to these post sprinting.. you'll often catch me sitting somewhere on the track nomming my overnight oats out of jar around 11am a few days a week. It's just so damn convenient & hassle free, I'm really loving them at the moment!




INGREDIENTS:

1 scoop of chocolate nut whey (30g) (chocolate whey or any other whey would do too)
1/3 cup gluten free oats (or regular oats)
1 cup Koko milk alternative (or any other milk alternative, or milk)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp cocoa powder

Optional toppings:
Crushed nuts
Sunflower seeds
Coconut flakes
Chopped dates
70% dark chocolate chips

A few notes about this recipe:
You'll need a jar (this just makes it more fun, but any container would do I'm sure). Chia seeds are ESSENTIAL in this recipe, if you don't have any it won't work nearly half as well.. so as suggested in my previous overnight oats post, go & buy some! *wink wink*

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Pour the oats, chia seeds, cocoa & chocolate nut whey in to the jar & stir to combine.
2. Pour the Koko milk in to the jar & stir.
3. Transfer the jar to the fridge & leave overnight.
4. In the morning give it a stir & add any toppings you'd like!

Enjoy munkies! :)










1 comment:

  1. have tried this a few times and each time it's turned out awesome. was very surprised with just how chocolatey it tasted, considering I used unflavoured whey. I'd highly recommend topping with strawberries as I found that sent my taste buds wild ;)

    thank you Shirley :)

    ReplyDelete