Wednesday 11 September 2013

Plantain protein brownies

Hello munkeys! It's been a while & I'm sorry *sad face* I've actually been cooking & baking lots but not posting. Sorry again. I really enjoy posting lots of pictures with my posts but quickly realised how time consuming that was, (& that I was running out of storage on my phone because of all the different angles I was shooting from. Ha!). But any content is better than no content, right? - & I have soooo much to share with you guys - hope you've all been well!

So. To start, plantaaaaaaain. I LOVE plantain - it's delicious in cakes, or on its own fried in ghee or coconut oil, sprinkled with cinnamon. Amazing. Can't wait to share my plantain adventures with you all, welcome back :)


INGREDIENTS

2 medium sized eggs
1 medium plantain or banana 
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp of ghee or coconut oil
1 scoop of chocolate whey (or can omit but will cook slower)
1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder 
6 small dates soaked
1 tsp baking powder
50g 70%+ dark chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
2. Boil the kettle, place the dates in a bowl & pour the boiled water over them to cover.
3. Crack eggs into food processor & blend until slightly frothy.
4. Chop up plantain & add to the eggs & blend.
5. Add the coconut flour, chocolate whey & cocoa powder to the mixture & blend until combined.
6. Chop up the soaked dates & add them to the mixture, along with the ghee or coconut oil.
7. Blend until combined (not smooth).
8. Spoon the baking powder into the mixture & blend.
9. Stir the chocolate chips into the mixture with a spoon.
10. Spoon out mixture onto a baking paper lined tray or silicone tray & place in oven for 6-9 mins (you don't want to overcook these, you want them to be firm around the edges but still gooey in the middle - then they'll cool, set & be deliciously gooooey).
11. Remove brownies from oven & allow to cool.
12. Devooooouur!




No comments:

Post a Comment