(This serving is for two munkies..)
5 medium eggs
2 medium (uncooked) beetroot
6 medium strawberries
2 tbsp beetroot juice (there should be some juice left IN your beetroot packet!)
2 scoops (60g) cookies & cream whey (or vanilla)
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp coconut flour
3 tbsp sweet potato flour (or you could use 6 tbsp total coconut flour instead)
1 tsp baking powder
Ghee or coconut oil for frying
1. Crack the eggs in to the food processor & blend until slightly frothy.
2. Chop up the strawberries, beetroot & vanilla essence, add it to the food processor & blend.
3. Add the sweet potato flour & coconut flour & blend until fairly smooth - small lumps are fine.
4. Add the vanilla whey & baking powder to the eggs & blend.
5. Heat the pan to a VERY low heat & add just under a level teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil or desired oil.
6. When the ghee has melted move it around the pan to distribute the liquid evenly, allow the pan to get a little hotter before adding the pancake mixture.
7. Pour desired amount of pancake mixture in to the pan, I poured roughly 4 tbsp of pancake mixture.
8. Leave to cook until bubbles form on the surface, then carefully flip the pancake (it shouldn't fall apart).
9. Leave to cook for a further 20-30 seconds then transfer to a plate to cool.
10. Rinse & repeat steps 5-9 until all the pancake mixture is finished.
I spread protein chocolate sauce in between the layers & on top, & decorated the top with desiccated coconut & strawberries. Yum.
Enjoy munkies! :)