(It's a fairly big batch, the mixture made 14 chunky munkey cookies)
1 cup steamed mashed cauliflower
1&1/2 cup gluten free oats
2 scoops (60g) cookies 'n' cream whey (again, vanilla would do)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
5 tbsp desiccated coconut
6 tbsp Koko
8 Halawi dates (they're the smaller ones, Medjool are the larger ones etc)
1 tbsp melted ghee or coconut oil
10 macadamia nuts
1 medium egg
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Chop about 1/2 head of cauliflower & steam until soft enough to mash.
2. Pour boiling water over the dates & leave to soak for at least 10 mins.
3. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
4. When the cauliflower is done, mash with a fork then set aside to cool completely (the mash might be grainy & not smooth, but that's okay).
5. Mix the oats, desiccated coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds & whey in a bowl.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the mashed cauliflower with the Koko milk.
7. Blend the soaked dates with ghee, egg, macadamias & almonds.
10. Now spoon the date, cauliflower etc mix in to the dry ingredients bowl & mix until combined (it will be very sticky but do not threat).
11. Add the dark chocolate chips & stir.
12. Line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper.
13. Use a VERY heaped tablespoon of the cookie mixture & place on baking paper.
14. Now use your fingers to flatten it out a little (not too thin, chunky is good!).
15. Rinse & repeat until the tray is full (I had to do two oven trips as the cookies are tiny).
16. Transfer to oven & bake for 8 minutes.
17. When the cookies are done, take them out & remove the baking paper (with the cookies on) from the baking tray.
18. Set aside to cool on a cooling rack (the cookies will still be soft but they'll harden. Best eaten when completely cooled or an hour or two later. They also taste delicious the next day).
Enjoy munkies! :)